Binogi creates educational animated videos and interactive quizzes, tailored to the school curriculum in each country. Students, teachers, and parents can learn, play and be inspired through Binogi’s web and mobile apps.
50% of all secondary schools in Sweden pay for Binogi, and we have just started with our global rollout, with some customers in Finland, Germany, Canada, UK etc.
How we build products
Binogi has three development teams:
- Core team with API’s and Admin tools (mainly in Stockholm, Sweden)
- Content creation team (mainly in Halifax, Canada)
- Mobile & Web frontends team (mainly in Ambala, India)
with some employees working remotely.
We do agile development with daily standups and retrospectives.
We spend 20% of our time on how to proactively improve our developer experience; how to work smarter and faster. We also get 10% to spend on learning projects.
As a PHP Developer for our Stockholm team, you will create and extend a robust API architecture, solving technical challenges and applying excellent engineering practices. You will be a key part of transforming our codebase into microservices and engineer our APIs to scale internationally, going from todays 300k users to 10M+.
- API microservice development.
- Establishing engineering practices, crucially including a high level of automation, clean code style, fast deployment and fail-early tests.
- Early engineering input on feature design, including exploration and API prototyping with UX/UI designers and our Product Owner.
- Mentoring junior team members.
PHP 7.2-7.4, Laravel (with Eloquent), MySQL, AWS
What we are looking for
- Experience of writing well structured and clean backend API code.
- Very familiar with PHP 7, both its features and quirks
- Well-versed in creating maintainable and testable code, structure and architecture.
- Comfortable and quick with Git and code reviews.
- Confident in writing SQL queries, in MySQL as well as using ORMs.
- Fluent in English
- Bonus: if you have an additional strong skill such as cloud infrastructure, database design, big data, machine learning.
Why work at Binogi
- Join our mission to educate the world!
- A startup on the cusp of becoming really big: we have built this wealth of content, now it’s time to launch it globally
- Hybrid workplace: work in office, remotely, or both
- International organization
- Small agile organization where you can take a big responsibility
- We take great care of our employees (this is a direct shareholder instruction):
- Pension package, health insurance, insurances, wellness allowance
- An agile work process (Scrum/Kanban)
- Spend 10% of your time on learning projects, 20% on proactively improving your developer experience
"Hi Binogi! I just want to say that your films are really good and they helped me go from 5 F's to 0 Fs and 3 As. You are the best!!" /Student
"When you don't understand what the teacher just said, there's always beloved Binogi! 🙏" /Student
"“Binogi is the best thing there is, their videos are just soooo pedagogical!" /14yo student
"I was considering leaving teaching altogether but when i got Binogi I felt like I had a new superpower. I can reach even the hardest students [with your material]" / Teacher of students with learning disorders
"I used Binogi every day. It was an absolute must-have for teaching multi-lingual students. They felt included in the teaching and got material that was valuable to them. [...] With your content to back me up I felt I was a good teacher." /Teacher of classes with diverse background
Binogi is a vibrant Swedish edtech company and we would be thrilled to welcome you to our core team in Stockholm, Sweden! We have a good running business and ambitious plans for the international market, with offices in Canada and Germany. We are a creative company of skilled software developers, scriptwriters, animators and voice artists.
Our e-learning platform is currently used by hundreds of thousands of students and your work will be right at the heart of it, using your years of engineering know-how to scale to millions of users and building new experiences. Your efforts will very concretely make students succeed.
If you are a Senior PHP Developer with vision and experience we would love to welcome you to our product development team. You will be integral part of the team, remote during Covid but always welcome to our comfortable offices in central Stockholm.