Binogi was founded in 2011 in Stockholm, Sweden. We use technology to make education more exciting and playful. Today, we are the largest digital learning material compliant with the Swedish national curriculum. Binogi is currently available in Sweden, Finland, Germany, Canada and Kenya.
We are now looking for our next Head of Content Strategy who will coordinate the work in our content teams throughout the world. For the right person, this is an opportunity to change education forever.
As Head of Content Strategy, you will support the content organization by prioritizing and coordinating the production of educational material for our web and mobile services. You'll ensure a good balance between user needs, market fit, and efficiency. To succeed, you’ll need to have a deep understanding and knowledge of curricula and learning, and see the potential in mediated knowledge content.
Overview & Responsibilities
The Head of Content Strategy directs the vision of the company's content production. Together with the Head of Production, they are also responsible for supporting the continuous development of methods and practices to balance quality and effectiveness. In addition, they ensure that Binogi's output is of the industry's highest quality standards as defined by our users and customers and that it aligns with market needs. Furthermore, they work with the Head of Content in defining and implementing major initiatives that advance Binogi's vision and business goals.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that prioritization decisions are optimized for the company's focus markets and fall within the company's Strategic Plan limits.
- Together with the Head(s) of Production, ensuring a sound balance between quality and efficiency.
- Creating and maintaining the product backlog to support the content production teams.
- Building, scaling and maintaining a team of product owners who will help oversee the priorities in the company's output.
- Being part of the team that recruits and assesses future employees in the content teams, regardless of role.
- Having a continuous dialogue with marketing- and sales teams to keep them updated on the company's focus areas and priorities.
- Taking cultural, religious, sexual, racial, geographical, and other ethical issues and biases into account in the selection and presentation of all educational content for all markets.
- Hosting regular workshops or seminars for content staff to reflect on and discuss improvement of content.
- Together with the Head(s) of Production, ensuring the timely assessment and appraisal of staff.
- Supporting an inclusive and friendly culture within the team and the company.
The ideal candidate is an outstanding team player and problem solver with excellent communication and organizational skills. All our content teams work in sprints using the Scrum methodology, so experience working in agile development environments is an asset.
This position may be located at any of our content production offices. Currently, those are Halifax (Canada), Malmö (Sweden) and Stockholm (Sweden). This is a full-time position, and we offer a competitive health and pension package. Some travel may be needed on a regular basis.
We believe in recruiting in a non-biased and fair way, and we also believe that great results come from the greatest people. Therefore, we utilize logic and personality tests in our recruitment process. These tests are offered through our partner Alva Labs. The personality test is based on the Five-Factor Model, the most evidence-based personality model in modern psychological science. The logic test assesses a person's logical reasoning, i.e., the ability to process complex information and draw accurate conclusions from it.
We take diversity and equal opportunity seriously. We are committed to building our teams to represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Different makes us better!